In order to study in France, I must prepare this project several months in advance. Registration, degree equivalency, obtaining a visa, looking for accommodation … All this process must be done before being able to study in France.


I contact “Campus France”

Campus France agency has a network of 255 offices and satellites in 124 countries. It is my preferred intermediary when I need information on French higher education.To find and contact the closest french Campus office to my place, I use the directory of Campus France offices.The search engine My training on Oriane 

07-10-2016_-_DIPLOMES_CFA-_62_vis.jpghelps me to find information about the higher education offer dispensed in Paris Region

Renvoi vers moteur de recherche Ma formation (rubrique Formation initiale)

To easily identify the degrees offered in each institution, I see the different directories available on Campus France (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree…).


If I am schooled in a french school abroad (If I study abroad in a French school), I download the guide 2018 : “Study in France after baccalaureate”.

If I want to study in english, I read the catalog Programs Taught in English which lists about 1 300 courses partially or fully taught in english in our french higher education institutions.

If I want to follow an excellence international course in different countries, I can prepare an Erasmus Mundus master’s degree after my bachelor’s degree (at least 3 years). I visit the online catalogue and I can apply for a European Union education grant.


I enquire about registration process in France

The registration process varies according to my nationality, my educational level or the type of institution in which I want to register. I do not need a visa to follow my studies in France and I directly register on Parcoursup, the new admission platform (ex: APB) after getting my (French, European or international) undergraduate degree or its equivalent.


– If I am not a citizen of the European Union but a resident in one of the following 41 countries : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia , Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam.

I apply online (registration and visa requests) on Studies in France”. I just need to create a personal electronic file and follow the different steps.


Thanks to this digital service which simplifies this process:

- I submit my registration request ;

- I can talk with the Campus France space of my country ;

- I have the opportunity to interact with the institutions in which I want to register ;

- I have a support service (financial participation requested).


To register in the first year of a bachelor’s degree:

- If I have a french baccalauréat, whatever my nationality, I must apply my wishes on Parcoursup and follow at the same time the procedure "studies in France". Ditto if I am an European Union citizen and resident of one of the 41 countries concerned by this process “studies in France” ;

- If I am a national of one of the 41 listed countries, I have to do a prior admission and follow at the same time the procedure “studies in France”.

This admission form must be done online with the platform “Studies in France” between the months of November and January preceding the academic year  I am applying for.

- If I come from another country, I submit my prior admission to the Service for Cooperation and Cultural Action (SCAC) of my French Embassy. If my application is selected, I must complete my registration with my host institution before the lessons start.

For a registration in bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD, I must contact universities or their institutions to be aware of their registration rules. If my application is accepted, I will receive a document confirming my admission. Then, I have to go to myfrench Consulate to obtain a visa. There are several visas: student visa for a bachelor’s degree or a master's degree admission, passport talent visa for a PhD registration… If I am a citizen of one of the 41 countries listed above I follow the process given above on “Studies in France”.

To go further, I read the procedure recap chart of my country on the Ministry of higher education, research and innovation website.


Crédits photos

© pawel.gaul